|Pick from the list
and start today
Your Role in Global Warming
Global warming is an issue that we have created. It is an issue that we can work to resolve. The damage that is already done is irreversible, but we can make changes now to protect the earth's atmosphere in the future. If we reduce the amount of fuel that we burn, by making changes to our lifestyle, we can reduce the amount of damage that is done to the atmosphere. Here, you will things you can do to reduce the effects of global warming on our world.
3) It is important that you learn to recycle and reuse things when you are able to. You should make sure that you get actively involved in a local recycling program. When you recycle, you can reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that can add to the global warming problem.
4) It is important that you try to use the air conditioner and heater in your home less. You should use a thermostat when one is available to control the usage of these items. You should try to use fans more and air conditioning less. This will help to reduce global warming by limiting the amount of greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere.
5) You should try to encourage others to conserve energy. Inform them of the dangers of global warming and how greenhouse gases affect the atmosphere. You should let them know that everyone should hold themselves accountable for the energy that they consume, the amount that they drive, and the things that they do not recycle.
6) You should try to buy products that are considered energy efficient. Many appliances that are available now have an energy efficiency rating. You should make an effort to buy appliances that use less electricity in order to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that enter the earth's atmosphere.
These are just a few changes you can make in your everyday life which will contribute to lessening the amount of greenhouse gasses. By all of us working together, we can all have a positive effect on reducing the consequences of global warming.
www.tellmeaboutglobalwarming.com brings you thought provoking information about global warming. There's nothing to buy, just really helpful information. Be sure to check out all the pages and decide for yourself.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com/?expert=Della_Franklin
What You Can Do
1) The first step that you can take to reduce global warming is to change all of your light bulbs from standard bulbs to energy efficient light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs are generally more expensive, but they will save you a considerable amount of money on your energy costs and will also reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that are released into the earth's atmosphere.
2) The next step you can take to reduce global warming is to ensure that you turn things off when you are not using them. This helps to save on the amount of electricity that you use. When you save on electricity, you save money on your power costs and reduce the amount of fuel that is required to burn to give you electricity. This, in turn, helps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere. You should also ensure that you turn off water when it is not being used to benefit the atmosphere.
Spread the word
Where you can buy it
- Talk about global warming to friends, at parties, and in groups.
- Read a book that explains the dangers of global warming.
- Find ways to reduce your carbon footprint and slow global warming in your lifetime.
Global Warming: The Signs and the Science
Hell and High Water: Global Warming
Global Warming Cycling Jersey
Get the Facts
Wikipedia - Global Warming
Global Warming - Your Role
Global Warming - Union of Concerned Scientists